In the event of snow or bad weather a decision will be made by the Headteacher regarding whether it is safe to open the school sites. If the decision is made to close the school this will be communicated via our website and through texts to parents/carers and staff. The staff ‘snow line’ will also operate.
In the event of a closure during the school day, parents will be notified by text or telephone. All students will be kept safe until collected or authorisation is received from parents/carers that they may be released. When possible a sign will be posted on the school gate giving information.
Parents/carers will be informed in the following way:
- A text message to inform families that the school is closed (please keep your contact details up-to-date)
- Regular texts to keep families updated
- Updated information on the homepage of the school’s website
- Notices posted outside the school buildings
- Updates on our Twitter account @gmatschool