School Business Manager
Scale: PO7, Points 43 – 46 (£48,818 – £51,837)
Required for May/June 2021
Age range: 3-16
George Mitchell School – Consistently in the Top 10 % Nationally for progress
George Mitchell School is a 3-16 co-educational multicultural community school. The governors of George Mitchell School wish to appoint a proactive and forward-looking School Business Manager to join the Senior Leadership Team, taking responsibility for the strategic leadership and management of Finance and Human Resources at the school.
We are looking for a highly motivated and inspiring candidate to effectively manage and lead the Finance, HR and Premises teams at the school. The successful candidate will have strategic responsibility for all aspects of Financial management, working closely with the Executive Headteacher, governors and the trust to effectively manage the school’s finances and procurement. We are looking to appoint someone with experience of working within a financial setting but any school-based experience may be a bonus.
Committed and positive, you will:
- be educated to degree level and have a recognised Accountancy or School Business Management qualification
- have good leadership and communication skills, with an ability to motivate and inspire staff at all levels
- have experience of managing a range of teams and responsibilities with a proven track record at a senior level
- be able to manage your own time and resources well and cope with the pressures of the role
Every adult is important and as such, staff wellbeing is a priority at George Mitchell School. We are proud of the initiatives we have in place to support our staff body. Alongside ‘Impact Fridays’ which mean teaching staff have an early finish to the school week we also offer:
- Non-meetings weeks throughout the year to support with reducing workload
- Well-being surgeries – allowing staff to unload and suggest improvements
- Staff yoga, staff badminton and other opportunities to learn new skills
- School theatre trips with free teacher tickets
- New catering facility with a variety of healthy meals discounted for staff
- Personalised CPD programme
- Team building whole staff sessions
- A Bike to work scheme
- An appraisal system offering opportunities to develop your own career progression
We warmly welcome an informal visit or a conversation prior to application.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offer of a position is subject to receiving satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS Clearance
For more information and an application pack please see our website or contact Adeel Hussain, HR Manager on 020 9539 6198 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms should be returned or e-mailed to Adeel Hussain by 12 pm on Monday 19th April 2021. Interviews will be held shortly after.
Policies Relevant to All Jobs