George Mitchell Primary Phase is currently remote learning.
Families should log into Class Dojo (Tapestry in the Early Years) each day to access the videos, documents and links for their home learning. Children will have a daily maths lesson, a daily reading or writing lesson, a set of weekly tasks for enrichment and daily Mathletics and Bug Club reading revision. Please contact your class teacher if you find something difficult or your want extra support – they are always happy to help.
Our School Value focus for this half term is INDEPENDENCE and the circumstances are perfect for children to practise and improve on this skill.
In the school building, we are operating limited groups for the children of critical workers and children who need particular support. If you would like your child included in this group, please email details to email@example.com. Children will need a packed lunch, a labelled water bottle and a great attitude!
During this time, we ask families to:
- show understanding for the school as we follow government policy and do all we can to keep our school community fit and well
- make sure that your child completes their home learning tasks, and asks for help if they need it
- keep children away from school (if attending key worker group) for 10 days if anyone in the household has experienced even mild Covid symptoms
- keep 1 metre distance between each other and school adults in our office area and playground
- behave responsibly and keep to the local and national restrictions and guidelines outside our school gates as well as within
If your household is experiencing difficulties of any kind, please contact us and we will do whatever we can to support you. We can help with collecting essential items, delivering home learning materials, with providing food parcels and more.
Thank you to everyone in our community – we have really appreciated your messages of support. You’re wonderful.
Wishing you well, always,
Samantha Hill, Head of Primary