Welcome to George Mitchell School Nursery. Our Nursery is a place where we provide children with the best possible foundation to their life and education irrespective of ethnicity, culture or religion, home language, family background, learning difficulties, disabilities or gender.
We deliver this through a friendly, caring and stimulating environment and a broad and balanced curriculum that will excite children to learn and widen their experiences.
At George Mitchell Nursery, we intend to ensure that:
- Children access a broad and balanced curriculum that gives them a range of knowledge and skills needed for good progress through school and life.
- Children are provided within an enabling environment, that reflects and celebrates local diversity and British Values.
- There is close partnership is established between practitioners and families.
- Every child is a unique and is included and supported through equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice.
- Children are healthy, safe and secure and develop positive relationships with adults in a stimulating and safe environment.
While your child is at George Mitchell Nursery, they will have an opportunity to learn by demonstrating following characteristics of learning:
Playing and exploring – engagement
Finding out and exploring
Playing with what they know
Being willing to ‘have a go’
Active learning – motivation
Being involved and concentrating
Enjoying achieving what they set out to do
Creating and thinking critically – thinking
Having their own ideas
Choosing ways to do things
The 7 areas of learning are:
There has never been a better time to join us at George Mitchell School Nursery.
We currently have a limited number of full time and part time places available in our Nursery. Additionally, our waiting list is always open for children pre- 3 years old.
If you would like any further information about our Nursery or to arrange a visit, please get in touch.
telephone: 0208 518 7203/ 02085396198
Pop in: Early Years Phase, Byron Road, E10 5DS
Flexible, Full and Part Time Hours.
At George Mitchell Nursery we offer flexible hours, in addition to the hours below we also offer a Breakfast club from 07.30am.
- Morning session: 8.45 – 11.45am
- Afternoon session: 12.45 – 3.45pm
- Full Day Session: 8.45am- 3.45pm
- Lunch Club: 11.45 – 12.45pm:
Free 15 hours for every child:
Take your free hours as morning sessions, afternoon sessions or a mixture of both, e.g. 2.5 full days.
Each additional session (half day) is charged at £15. Your child receives the lunch hour for free when attending for a full day.
- 1 Additional Sessions: £15
- 2 Additional Sessions: £30
- 3 Additional Sessions: £45
- 4 Additional Sessions: £60
- 5 Additional Sessions (Full time place) : £75